TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED
(Per) CMD TANGEDCO Proceedings No.130 Dated the 30th April, 2013.
Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2044.
1. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.308 (Adm.Branch), dated 24.06.1989.
2. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.187 (Adm.Branch), dated 22.05.1990.
3. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.221 (Adm.Branch), dated 27.06.1990.
4. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.166 (Adm.Branch), dated 09.06.1993.
5. (Per) B.P.(FB) No. 4 (SB), dated 17.01.2002.
6. (Per) B.P.(FB) No. 36 (SB), dated 21.05.2002.
7. Memo.No.053718/296/G16/G161/2002-1 (Adm.Branch), dated 01.06.2002.
8. G.O.Ms.No.74, Higher Education (J2) Department, dated 13.03.2008.
In the orders first to seventh read above, several guidelines have been issued to the Competent Authorities in connection with granting permission to the employees to study various Part Time courses. The TANGEDCO has received representations stating that the Government of Tamil Nadu, while streamlining the system of Part Time Degree education, issued certain guidelines vide G.O.Ms.No.74, Higher Education (J2) Department, dated 13.03.2008 and with a view to encourage rural students, the Government of Tamil Nadu fixed the distance between work place and colleges as 90 Kms, and requested to extend the similar benefits to the employees of TANGEDCO. The representations and all other guidelines were reviewed by TANGEDCO and it has been decided to grant permission to the employees to study Part Time courses of B.E., B.Tech., M.E., M.Tech and Diploma in Engineering, duly relaxing certain conditions, viz. distance criteria and period of service in the present post, which create hurdles to the Competent Authorities while granting permission to the employees to study Part Time courses.
2. Accordingly, in partial modification of the earlier orders issued in connection with granting permission to study Part Time courses, it is hereby ordered that permission be granted to the employees to study Part Time Courses of B.E., B.Tech., M.E., M.Tech and Diploma in Engineering courses, subject to the following guidelines:-
(i) The distance criteria shall be 90 Kms. between the Educational institution and the work spot of the employees for according permission to study Part Time courses;
(ii) Applications seeking permission to study Part Time courses by the employee, will be considered, irrespective of the period of service he has put in the present station;
(iii) The other existing conditions shall remain unchanged.
3. As far as granting permission to study Part Time courses conducted on regular basis other than "B.E., B.Tech., M.E., M.Tech and Diploma courses in Engineering" is concerned, the Competent Authorities shall examine the need for granting permission on case-to-case basis and a decision be taken suitably, subject to satisfaction of the conditions or guidelines prescribed in the references first to seventh cited.
4. The Competent Authorities are requested to follow the above guidelines scrupulously while granting permission to the employees to study Part Time courses. In the case of any relaxation on any of the guidelines mentioned above is considered necessary in the interest of TANGEDCO, the approval of the Chairman-cum-Managing Director/TANGEDCO must be obtained.
5. The receipt of these Proceedings shall be acknowledged in the slip enclosed.
(BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN-CUM-MANAGING DIRECTOR)
All Chief Engineers.
All Chief Financial Controllers.
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch.
All Superintending Engineers.
The Residential Audit Officer/TANGEDCO/Chennai-2.