TAMILNADU GENERATION AND DEISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED
(Per) CMD TANGEDCO Proceedings No.190 Dated the 15th July, 2013
Aani-31, Thiruvallur Aandu 2044.
1. (Per) B.P (F.B) No.21 (S.B) dt.26.03.1997.
2. (Per) B.P (F.B) No.74 (S.B) dt.30.09.2000.
3. (Per) B.P (Ch) No.42 (S.B) dt.14.02.2002.
4. (Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.23 (S.B) dated 03.08.2011.
5. (Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.49 (S.B) dated 05.09.2012.
6. G.O.Ms.No.189, Finance (Pension) Dept, dated 07.06.2013.
Following the orders of the Government, orders were issued in the Board’s Proceedings first read above, introducing the Pensioner’s Family Security Fund Scheme to the Pensioners who were retiring after 01.04.1997, and those who were receiving pension as on 31.03.1997, on recovery of Rs.40/- towards the monthly subscription for the said scheme and credited as a separate fund. The fund has been operated after 12 months from the introduction of the scheme. In case of death of pensioner after making the contribution for one year, a sum of Rs.25,000/- would be paid to the spouse or nominee as the case may be, from the fund. Afterwards, based on the orders of the Government, orders have been issued in the Board’s Proceedings second and third read above, enhancing the contribution for the said scheme, from Rs.40/- to Rs.60/- and then from Rs.60/- to Rs.70/- respectively. In the Proceedings fourth read above, it has been ordered that the above said financial assistance of Rs.25,000/- from the fund would be provided to the spouse or the nominees in the event of death of the pensioners, even if atleast one instalment of the contribution to the Scheme has been recovered from them. Subsequently, based on the orders issued by the Government, orders have been issued in the Proceedings fifth read above, enhancing the said financial assistance from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.35,000/- under the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Pensioner’s Family Security Fund Scheme in the event of death of the Pensioners, who have paid one month’s subscription under this scheme.
2. Now, the Government, in its G.O.sixth read above, have issued orders, enhancing the said financial assistance from ‘Rs.35,000/- to Rs.50,000/- under the Tamil Nadu Government Pensioner’s Family Security Fund Scheme in the event of death of the Pensioners and also enhanced the pensioner’s contribution towards the said Scheme from arS.70/- to Rs.80/- per month.
3. Whenever the Government issued any orders on the Tamil Nadu Government Pensioner’s FAMILY Security Fund Scheme, the TANGEDCO has been adopting the same, so as to extend the same benefit to the pensioners of TANGEDCO. The implementation of the present benefit ordered in G.O. sixth read above, to the pensioner of TANGEDCO, has been examined in detail and it has been decided to accept the same.
4. Accordingly, it is hereby ordered that the financial assistance under the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Pensioner’s Family Security Fund Scheme, be enhanced from Rs.35,000/- to Rs.50,000/-. It is also hereby ordered that the pensioner’s contribution towards the said scheme, be enhanced from Rs.70/- to Rs.80/- per month.
5.There shall be no change in the existing rules and regulations governing the sanction of assistance under the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Pensioner’s Family Security Fund Scheme.
6. The ABOVE ORDRE SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE COME INTO EFFECT FROM 07.06.2013, i.e., date of issued of the G.O.sixth read above.
7. The receipt of these Proceedings shall be acknowledged in the slip enclosed.
(BY ORDEROF THE CHAIRMAN-CUM-0MANAGING DIRECTOR)