Tmt.V.Umamageswari, B.Com., ACMA, All the Superintending Engineers,
Chief Financial Controller/Rev, Electricity Distribution Circle,
TANGEDCO,144, Anna Salai, TANGEDCO
Chennai – 600 002.
Lr.No.CFC/R/DFC/R.1/AO/F.Instructions/D. /16, dt.08.11.2016.
Sub: TANGEDCO – Duties and Responsibilities of Assessment
officers in EDCs orders issued – Strict Adherence – Regarding.
Ref: 1. (per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.8, dt. 23.01.2014
2. Lr.No.CFC/FC/R/AO/Rev/D. /2014, date.25-6-14
3. Lr.No.CFC/FC/R/AO/Rev/D. /2015, date.9-9-15
In the above reference (2) & (3) , the work allocation of the ATOs in the Circles office was furnished as below:-
1. Inspection of collection and camp collection centers in the Circles and to verify the collection made and to ensure prompt remittance of collection then and there into Bank to the maximum extent possible and to ensure safe custody of balance cash if any in the section office after remittance into Bank. Checking the works of Assessor/Inspector of Assessment and Revenue Supervisor so as to ensure no leakage of revenue in that section.
2. The Inspection should be so arranged that the all the sections in the Circle are covered within a year. The tentative program should be got approved by the Dy. Financial Controller and a copy sent to SE/EDCs concerned for review.
3. The inspection report should be sent to the SE/EDC before 5th of every month.
4. To attend the consumer complaints regarding Assessment and collection besides making random check of readings of meters /readings recorded in the While Meter Cards and with the figures entered in the Computer to ensure that the readings are correct .
5. To watch whether rotation of the collection staff is made in the Sections periodically and report the position to the SE/EDC.
6. To watch and ensure that the services of the defaulting consumers (except Government/Local Body) are disconnected and to test check few services.( minimum 30 services in a month).
7. To verify the defective meter register at the time of surprise inspection of sections and to arrange to ensure that all the defective meters are replaced within the next billing cycle and verify the correctness of the assessment ( meter defective average) in such cases.
8. At the time of section inspections the ATO must ensure that collections made by the Assessor/Inspector of Assessment/ RS in the forenoon are remitted into the Bank partly or fully on the day itself and to see that the cash is not retained in the section office except to the minimum level.
9. Whether cheque issued by the consumer is dishonored, ATO must ensure collection of amount with relevant penal charges by way of DD or cash until restoration of cheque facility.
10. To verify the correctness of assessment in respect of meter less /meter defective services. If any short levy identified that should be included and collected in future assessments. After inspection of section office by the Assessment officer if any huge short assessment is identified by any squad ,responsibilities will be fixed on the Assessment Officer concerned.
11. To check at the time of inspection to the sections the remittance Chelan with collection records are sent to the Revenue Branches within the stipulated time.
12. In respect of LT CT service, the ATO must ensure proper application of tariff is made in assessment, multiplying factor/power factor compensation charges are correctly applied.
13. The Assessment Officers should make field /Section inspections frequently
( minimum 15 days in a month).
14. Further, ATOs must ensure whether actual assessment has been made by Assessors below 100 units of consumption (bi-monthly).
B) Further, the Superintending Engineers/Electricity Distribution Circles were instructed to monitor that the Duties and Responsibilities are performed satisfactorily by the ATOs.
C) Hence, it is reiterated that the Assessment Officers may be instructed to perform well to augment the revenue of TANGEDCO by strictly following the instructions . The SE/EDCs must review the performance of ATOs periodically.
Sd xxx (08.11.2016)
Chief Financial Controller/Revenue
All the Chief Engineers/Distribution Region.
Copy submitted to:
The Director/Finance/TANGEDGO, for kind information, please.
The Director/Distribution/ TANGEDGO, for kind information, please.