TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION
Recruitment - Class III Service - Assessors appointed on contract basis by direct recruitment during the year 1982-83 - Counting of temporary service under contract period till 01.12.1983 for Pensionary benefits - Orders - Issued.
(Per.) (CMD) TANGEDCO Proceeding No. 1, Dated 04.01.2013
Marghazhi 20, Nandana
Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2044.
1) B.P. MS (CH) No.637 (Adm.Branch) dated 01.12.1983.
During 1982, the TANGEDCO (erstwhile TNEB) introduced a new system for billing and collection of energy charges with effect from 01.01.1982 in order to render better service to lakhs of consumers in billing and collection of electricity consumption charges. The new scheme for billing and collection of consumption charges was called as "Spot Billing Scheme". One of the Unions representing the then Cashier Cadre (Now Assessor) had challenged the introduction of the new scheme in the Hon'ble High Court and obtained stay in-so-far as the members of the Union is concerned. As a result, there was shortage of man-power to implement the scheme. The Petitioner's
also filed Writ Petition challenging the new scheme on the file of the Hon'ble
High Court and obtained order of stay. In view of the above, regular appointment
could not be made to fill up the shortage of man-power. Hence, SC/ST candidates
sponsored by the Director of Employment Exchange and Training for selection to
the post of Cashiers (Now Assessors) against the back-log vacancies, were all
considered for temporary appointment on contract basis as supernumerary
"Assessors" during the year 1982-83 in the time scale of pay to meet
the short-fall in the man-power requirement for implementing the new scheme.
These Assessors were initially appointed on contract basis for a period not
exceeding six months (i.e.) upto 30.11.1982. Later, on the tenure of Employment
was extended in piece-meal for 2-3 months on each occasion and finally upto
31.01.1984. Subsequently, in B.P.Ms. (CH) No.637, (Administrative Branch), dated
01.12.1983, orders were issued for the creation of a new category of
"Assessors" to provide regular appointment to the above supernumerary
Assessors working on contract basis with effect from 01.12.1983. Thus, the
above contract period Assessors were regularly absorbed in Board's service with
effect from 01.12.1983.
2) The services of those Assessors recruited during the year 1982-83 were not taken into account for the purpose of calculation of pension, since they have not completed minimum years of qualifying service for pension. In order to make them qualify for claiming pension, several request have been received from the employees unions to count the temporary service rendered by them while calculating the net qualifying service.
3) After careful examination of the request of the above employees/ unions, the Chairman Cum Managing Director/TANGEDCO has approved that the services rendered by the Assessors who were appointed to fill up the backlog vacancies for SC/ST during 1982-1983 under contract period till 01.12.1983 (i.e. The date of their absorption into regular service), be taken into account for calculating net qualifying service so as to sanction pensionary benefits alone.
4) All the Pension Sanctioning Authorities are requested to revise the pension and pensionary benefits in respect of the Assessors appointed during 1982-1983, duly counting the period of service rendered by them under Temporary service and to forward the revised pension proposal to the Chief Internal Audit Officer/Board Office Audit Branch/Chennai for authorising the same without giving any room for complaints in this regard.
5) The receipt of these proceedings shall be acknowledged.
(BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN CUM MANAGING DIRECTOR/TANGEDCO)
CHIEF ENGINEER/ PERSONNEL
The All Superintending Engineers
The All Chief Engineers
The Chairman Cum Managing Director's table.
The Directors (Distribution/TANGEDCO/Chennai-2
The Member (Generation)/ TANGEDCO/Chennai-2
The Member (Generation)/ TANGEDCO/Chennai-2
The Accounts (Member) /TANGEDCO/Chennai-2
The Company Secretary/TANGEDCO/Chennai-2
The Superintending Engineer/Chairman and Managing Director's Office.
All Chief Engineer/Distribution/Regions.
All the Superintending Engineer's.
The Senior Personnel Officer/Rectt./ Adm.Branch/Chennai.2
The Senior Personnel Officer/Labour/ Adm.Branch/Chennai.2
The Senior Personnel Officer/ Inspection/Adm.Br./Chennai.2
The Director/TANGEDCO Printing Press/Villivakkam/Chennai-49.
The Assistant Personnel Officer/Tamil Development/Chennai-2 for publication in TNEB Bulletin (2 Copies)
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch/Chennai-2
"A-10: Section/ Secretariat Branch/ Chennai.2
BP Section/Adm.Branch/Chennai-2 (2 Copies).