TAMIL NADU GENERATION & DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION
144, Anna Salai,
Chennai - 2.
Memo No.009162/38/G.46/G.462/2014-19, dt. 07.02.2017.
In the B.P. cited orders have been issued to create Supernumerary posts of Line Inspector to the extent required to give promotion to the Senior Wiremen who were affected based on the Helper seniority without back wages with effect from the date of issue of order and no pay anomaly claim to be entertained on any account. The post of supernumerary will be abolished as and when the above person is promoted to the regular post or retired before promotions whichever is earlier.
2) Based on the above, all the Superintending Engineers of the Electricity Distribution Circle concerned are hereby directed to create supernumerary posts of Line Inspector as a one time measure for the Wiremen who have been affected on par with the junior of the Commercial Inspector working in the respective circle [(i.e.) Lastly promoted as Commercial Inspector].
3) Accordingly, the pay of the Supernumerary post of Line Inspector is to be fixed by adding 3 % increment in the existing pay + Grade pay and then pay to be fixed in the Line Inspector pay band + Grade pay on the date of order subject to eligibility.
4) The promotion increment for the above individual shall not be sanctioned when they are promoted for regular post of Line Inspector. The Supernumerary Line Inspector post will be abolished as and when the incument is promoted as regular Line Inspector or retired whichever is earlier.
5) Further, it is stated that the above instructions have to be adhered strictly with effect from the date of issue of the TANGEDCO Proceedings, cited under reference. If any lapses occurs, the appropriate action will be taken against the officials of the respective administration wing.
6) Receipt of the memo. may be acknowledged.
All the Superintending Engineers/Electricity Distribution Circles
Copy to all the Chief Engineers/Distribution Regions.
// FORWARDED //
SENIOR PERSONNEL OFFICER/LABOUR.