TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
TANGEDCO - Bonus and Ex-gratia to Workmen of TANGEDCO for the year 2012-2013 - Orders - Issued.
(Per) CMD TANGEDCO Proceedings No.280, Dated the 22nd October, 2013.
1. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.223 (SB) dated 21.11.2009.
2. Government Energy (B2)Department Letter (Ms)
No.103, Dated : 22-10-2013.
The quantum of Bonus and Ex-gratia payable for the accounting year 2012-13 to the Workmen of the TANGEDCO covered by the Wage Settlement has been considered in consultation with Government. The Hon’ble Chief Minister has announced the decision of the Government for payment of Bonus and Ex-Gratia to the eligible employees of TANGEDCO in the Press Note No.287, Dated : 21.10.2013. In the letter second cited, the Government have also accorded concurrence for the payment of Bonus and Ex-gratia to the employees of the TANGEDCO.
2. In pursuance of the above, it is hereby ordered that for the accounting year 2012-13, the Workmen of the TANGEDCO covered by the Wage Settlement, be paid a Bonus calculated at the rate of 8.33% of the salary or wage earned by them during the said accounting year, subject to and in accordance with the provisions of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, as amended.
3. The workmen of the TANGEDCO (monthly paid and full-time workmen), Helper (Trainees), Office Helper (Trainees), Assessors (Trainees) and Mazdoor (Trainees) appointed on consolidated Salary and also the workmen of the State Government, Central Government and other organisations, who had worked on deputation in the Board, during the accounting year 2012-13 drawing a salary or wage, including those drawing pay exceeding Rs.3,500/- per month, will be eligible for the Bonus sanctioned in para-2 above, as was allowed last year.
4. The Part-time Sweepers and Sanitary workers who are getting the time scale of pay during the accounting year 2012-13, drawing the salary or wage, will also be eligible for the Bonus sanctioned in para-2 above. … 2 …
:: 2 ::
5. It is also ordered that the workmen of the Board covered by the Wage Settlement and the deputationists, entitled to get Bonus with reference to the orders in paras 2,3 and 4 above, shall also be paid an Ex-gratia at the rate of 11.67% of the salary or wage earned by them, during the accounting year 2012-13.
6. The contract labourers who have been absorbed as Mazdoor (Trainee), during the year 2012-13 are eligible only for the Bonus and Ex-gratia in a proportionate manner for the period they had worked in the above post. They are not eligible for the Ex-gratia of Rs.1,500/- payable to contract labourers.
7. Where the salary or wage of a workman entitled to Bonus exceeds Rs.3,500/- (Rupees Three thousand and five hundred only) per mensem, the Bonus payable to such workman shall be calculated as if his salary or wage is Rs.3,500/- (Rupees Three thousand and five hundred only). The maximum Bonus amount payable shall be Rs.3,499/- only.
8. Salary or wage for the purpose of payment of Bonus will include the following:-
(a) Basic Pay-Grade Pay-Leave Salary;
(b) Dearness Pay;
(c) All classes of special pay (including Short hand and Typewriting Special Pay);
(d) Personal Pay;
(e) Additional Pay for additional charge;
(f) Additional days wage paid for work on National Holidays and Festival Holidays;
(g) Dearness Allowance;
(h) Personal Compensatory Allowance given for protecting loss of pay; and
(i) Deputation Allowance.
The term 'Salary' or 'Wage' will not include Interim Relief, over-time pay and allowances and any pay and allowance other than those mentioned from (a) to (i) above. Salary or Wage for the leave surrendered by an employee during 2012-13 should not be taken into account for computation of Bonus.
9. All the workmen, who had worked in the establishment for not less than thirty working days in the accounting year 2012-13, are entitled to the payment of Bonus.
… 3 …
:: 3 ::
10. The maximum Ex-gratia amount payable shall be Rs.4,901/- (Rupees Four thousand nine hundred and one only). This Ex-gratia will be reduced on actual basis if a workman had not worked on all the working days in the accounting year 2012-13 as per the provisions of section 13 of the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
11. The Bonus and Ex-gratia payable to Workman shall also be calculated, as if his/her salary or wage is Rs.3,500/- (Rupees Three thousand and five hundred only) per mensem. Under this method, the maximum Bonus and Ex-gratia amount payable shall be Rs.3,499/- and Rs. 4,901/- respectively. The maximum of Bonus and Ex-gratia payable to a Workman shall not exceed Rs.8,400/- (Rupees Eight thousand and four hundred only) for the full year.
12. The TANGEDCO also directs that the workman, who is now under suspension, but was on duty during the accounting year 2012-13, also be paid Bonus for the year 2012-13 subject to the conditions mentioned above.
13. If, during any part of the accounting year 2012-13, a workman covered by the Wage Settlement was promoted to officer category, shall also be paid the Bonus in a proportionate manner for the period he had worked in the workmen category.
14. The workman covered by the Wage Settlement, who had worked in the accounting year 2012-13 fully or partly but had retired or died subsequently shall be paid the Bonus fully or proportionately, as the case may be.
15. The expenditure on the payment of Bonus shall be debitable to "TANGEDCO Funds - Revenue Expenses - Account No.75.501" and the expenditure on the payment of Ex-gratia shall be debitable to "Account No.75.502".
16. The TANGEDCO also directs that the Bonus payment for the year 2012-13 should be disbursed to all the eligible employees on 26.10.2013.
(BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN CUM MANAGING DIRECTOR )
All Chief Engineers.
The Chief Financial Controller/General and Revenue.
… 4 …
:: 4 ::
All Superintending Engineers.
All Deputy Secretaries/Secretariat Branch.
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch.
The Residential Audit Officer /TANGEDCO.
The Chairman cum Managing Director's Table.
The Managing Director/TANTRANSCO. (Addl. Charge).
All Directors/TANGEDCO and TANTRANSCO.
The Inspector General of Police/Vigilance.
The Secretary / TANGEDCO / Chennai-2.
The Legal Adviser.
The Superintending Engineer/Chairman cum Managing Director’s office.
The Industrial Relations Adviser/TANGEDCO.
The Chief Medical Officer/Head Quarters Dispensary/Chennai.2.
The Deputy Chief Engineer/Administrative Branch.
All Senior Personnel Officers/Administrative Branch.
The Industrial Relations Officer/TANGEDCO.
The Director, Computer Centre.
The Assistant Personnel Officer/Tamil Development – for Publication
in the TNEB Bulletin (2 copies).
The Director/Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Printing Press.
All Officers/Sections/Cells in the Secretariat Branch .
Tamil Nadu Electricity Workers' Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Accounts & Executive Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Workers Progressive Union (LPF).
Central Organisation of Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees (COTEE).
Minsara Pirivu Anna Thozhir Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Minvariya Janatha Thozhilalar Sangam.
Tamil Nadu National Electricity Workers' Federation (2 Groups).
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees Congress.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Thozhilalar Aykiyya Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Association.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Finance & Accounts Officers Association.
Bharathiya Electricity Employees Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Card Billing Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Dr.Ambedkar Employees Union.
All other signatory Unions.
:: TRUE COPY :: FORWARDED :: BY ORDER ::