TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
Establishment – TANGEDCO – Allowing certain employees of TANGEDCO to move to Selection Grade / Special Grade on completion of required years of service - Counting of service – Orders- Issued.
(Per) CMD TANGEDCO Proceedings No.49, Dated the 8th March, 2012.
1) B.P. Ms. No.2234, Dated : 28-11-1968.
2) B.P. Ms. No.288 (SB) Dated : 3-12-1979.
3) Board’s Memo. No.58071/R-1/80-5, dt.14-7-1982.
4) (Per) B.P. (FB) No.58 (SB) Dated : 15-7-1998.
5) (Per) B.P. (FB) No.12 (SB) Dated : 8-2-2006.
In the Board’s Proceedings first cited, orders have been issued allowing common seniority to the posts of Clerks, Typist and Steno-Typists of Systems/Circles.
2) In the Board’s Proceedings second cited, the employees were allowed to move to Selection Grade on completion of 10 Years of service in the ordinary Grade. With reference to the clarifications issued subsequently, the service rendered in the former System/ Circle/office in the same time scale of pay shall also be taken into account for reckoning the period of service for movement to Selection Grade provided such service is taken into account for the purpose of fixation of seniority for promotion in the present System/ Circle/office. In the reference fourth cited, among other things, it has been ordered to reduce the period of service reckoning for movement to Selection Grade as 9 years instead of 10 years with effect from 8-7-1998. In the reference fifth cited, orders have been issued allowing movement to Special Grade to the employees on completion of 20 years of service in one and the same post and stagnated without promotion subject to the usual conditions applied to the movement to the Selection Grade.
:: 2 ::
3) Subsequently, it was clarified that the transfer from One circle to another Circle made on administrative grounds alone are entitled for seniority in the post of Junior Assistant/Typist/Steno-Typist and the seniority in the above posts on system seniority.
4) It has been represented that Junior Assistant/Assessor, Typist and Steno-Typists are State wide cadre and they are being given promotion by taking into account the State wide seniority and hence the service rendered in former System(s)/Circle(s) may be counted along with the service in the present System/Circle, while reckoning the period for the purpose of movement to Selection Grade/Special Grade . The points raised have been examined in detail.
5) After careful consideration, it is hereby ordered that for the purpose of movement to Selection Grade/Special Grade, the service rendered in former System(s)/ Circle(s) shall also be taken into account along with the service in the present System/Circle for the Junior Assistant/Assessor/Typist/Steno-Typist, since they are promoted to the next higher post taking into account the State seniority. This will not be made applicable to the employees transferred to the offices like, Secretariat Branch, Administrative Branch and Audit Branch, etc., where separate seniority is maintained.
6) The Chief Internal Audit Officer is directed to withdraw the Audit objections made for recovery of the excess pay and allowances as against the employees who have moved to Selection Grade/Special Grade duly taking into account their service rendered in their former Circles.
7) The receipt of the Board’s Proceedings shall be acknowledged.
(BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN CUM MANAGING DIRECTOR)
All Chief Engineers.
The Chief Financial Controller/General and Revenue.
All Superintending Engineers.
All Deputy Secretaries/Secretariat Branch.
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch.
The Residential Audit Officer /TANGEDCO.
… 3 ..
:: 3 ::
The Chairman cum Managing Director's Table.
The Managing Director/TANTRANSCO.
All Directors/TANGEDCO and TANTRANSCO.
The Inspector General of Police/Vigilance.
The Secretary / TANGEDCO / Chennai-2.
The Legal Adviser.
The Additional Chief Engineer/Chairman cum Managing
The Industrial Relations Adviser/TANGEDCO.
The Chief Medical Officer/Head Quarters Dispensary/Chennai.2.
The Deputy Chief Engineer/Administrative Branch.
All Senior Personnel Officers/Administrative Branch.
The Industrial Relations Officer/TANGEDCO.
The Director, Computer Centre.
The Assistant Personnel Officer/Tamil Development – for Publication
in the TNEB Bulletin (2 copies).
The Director/Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Printing Press.
All Officers/Sections/Cells in the Secretariat Branch .
Tamil Nadu Electricity Workers' Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Accounts & Executive Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Workers Progressive Union (LPF).
Central Organisation of Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees (COTEE).
Minsara Pirivu Anna Thozhir Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Minvariya Janatha Thozhilalar Sangam.
Tamil Nadu National Electricity Workers' Federation (2 Groups).
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees Congress.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Thozhilalar Aykiyya Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Association.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Finance & Accounts Officers Association.
Bharathiya Electricity Employees Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Card Billing Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Dr.Ambedkar Employees Union.
:: TRUE COPY :: FORWARDED :: BY ORDER ::