TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED
(Per) FB TANGEDCO PROCEEDINGS No.51 Dated the 6th September, 2012.
Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2043.
1. G.O.Ms.No.325, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 28.11.2011.
2. G.O.Ms.No.165, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 21.05.2012.
In the Government Order first read above, the Government issued orders, allowing Family Pension to the eligible unmarried/widowed/ divorced daughters of the Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners beyond the age limit of 25 years, after the demise of the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, subject to fulfillment of certain conditions.
2. Generally, the orders of the Government in respect of Pension/Pensionary benefits to its Pensioners/Family Pensioners are being made applicable to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of TANGEDCO. Further, certain Pensioners' Associations of TANGEDCO have also requested to adopt the said Government Orders in TANGEDCO, so as to extend the aforesaid benefits to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of TANGEDCO with effect from the date of issue of the Government Order. The issue has been examined in detail and it has been decided to adopt the said orders in TANGEDCO.
3. Accordingly, it is hereby ordered that the Family Pension, be allowed to the eligible unmarried/widowed/divorced daughters of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of TANGEDCO beyond the age limit of 25 years, after the demise of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners, subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:-
(i) The Unmarried/Widowed/Divorced daughters of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners, who are aged above 25 years, are eligible to get the Family Pension till their life time.
(ii) The Unmarried/Widowed/Divorced daughters of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners, who are aged above 25 years, shall be eligible to get the Family Pension till their life time, only if the Children aged below 25 years who are eligible to get Family Pension, complete the age of 25 years; and if no disabled Children exist in the Family.
(iii) If the said Unmarried/Widowed/Divorced daughters who are aged above 25 years, contract with a marriage/remarriage, the Family Pension shall be stopped immediately. In order to ensure the above, the said Pensioners should furnish a certificate to the Pension Sanctioning Authority to the effect that they have not contracted with marriage/remarriage, every year.
(iv) The Family Pension to the Unmarried/Widowed/Divorced daughters aged above 25 years, shall be sanctioned to the elder/eldest daughter based on her age till her life time. If the elder/eldest daughter contracts with a remarriage or expires, then the next younger daughter shall become eligible to get the Family Pension.
(v) The monthly income of the Unmarried/Widowed/Divorced daughters should not exceed Rs.2,550/- and to this effect, an Income Certificate should be furnished to the Pension Sanctioning Authority every year in this regard.
4. The Pension Sanctioning Authorities are hereby instructed to obtain the application along with the required documents from the unmarried/widowed/divorced daughters of the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of TANGEDCO. After verification of the same, the proposal in complete shape, may be forwarded to the Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch for authorization and disbursement of the Family Pension.
5. The above orders come into effect from 28.11.2011 (i.e.the date of issue of the Government Order read above).
6. The receipt of these proceedings shall be acknowledged in the slip enclosed.
(BY ORDER OF THE BOARD)