TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED
(Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.49 Dated the 5th September, 2012.
Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2043.
1. (Per) B.P.(FB) No.21 (SB), dated 26.03.1997.
2. (Per) B.P.(FB) No.74 (SB), dated 30.09.2000.
3. (Per) B.P.(Ch) No.42 (SB), dated 14.02.2002.
4. (Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.23 (SB) dated 03.08.2011.
5. G.O.Ms.No.184, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 01.06.2012.
Following the orders of the Government, orders were issued in the Board's Proceedings first read above, introducing the Pensioners' Family Security Fund Scheme to the pensioners who were retiring after 01.04.1997, and those who were receiving pension as on 31.03.1997, on recovery of Rs.40/- towards the monthly subscription for the said scheme and credited as a separate fund. The fund has been operated after 12 months from the introduction of the scheme. In case of death of a pensioner after making the contribution for one year, a sum of Rs.25,000/- will be paid to the spouse or nominee as the case may be, from the fund. Subsequently, based on the orders of the Government, orders have been issued in the Board's Proceedings second and third read above, enhancing the contribution for the said scheme, from Rs.40/- to Rs.60/- and then from Rs.60/- to Rs.70 respectively. Recently, following the orders of the Government, orders have been issued in TANGEDCO Proceedings fourth read above, that the family of the deceased pensioner is eligible to draw the financial assistance of Rs.25,000/-, if at least one installment of contribution is recovered from the pensioner towards the said scheme. Now, the Government, in its G.O. fifth read above, have issued orders, enhancing the said financial assistance from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.35,000/- under the Pensioners' Family Security Fund Scheme in the event of death of the Pensioners, as a special gesture.
2. Generally, TANGEDCO is following the orders of the Government in respect of pension/pensionary benefits in toto. Certain Pensioners' Associations have also requested to adopt the said G.O. dated 01.06.2012 in TANGEDCO, so as to extend the benefits to the pensioners of TANGEDCO with effect from the date of issue of the Government Order (i.e.01.06.2012). The issue has been examined in detail and it has been decided to adopt the said Government Order in TANGEDCO.
3. Accordingly, it is hereby ordered that the financial assistance under the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Pensioners' Family Security Fund Scheme, be enhanced from Rs.25,000/- to Rs.35,000/-, in the event of death of the Pensioners of TANGEDCO.
4. There shall be no change in the existing rules and regulations governing the sanction of assistance under the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Pensioners' Family Security Fund Scheme.
5. The above orders come into effect from 01.06.2012 (i.e.the date of issue of the Government Order fifth read above).
6. The receipt of these proceedings shall be acknowledged in the slip enclosed.
(BY ORDER OF THE BOARD)